Sunday, January 1, 2012

And Let's Not Forget Knitting 2011

Which, I realize, was way below what I have knitted other years. I guess I realized that although I love hand knit garments, I am not wearing the sweaters that I've made nearly enough to justify knitting more. There are a few sweaters that I wear regularly, but the others add more bulk than I'd like. And my knitted skirts? Love them. In fact, I've thought about doing a simple cable knit skirt like I saw so much of at Anthropologie early this winter.  I have resumed a beginner's knitting class, and  i am SO proud of their accomplishments in just  a few short months! That's where my real love is...teaching others to knit. So, in 2011,  I didn't do much, and what I did was smaller projects. We'll start with the most recent:





                                                            Purl Bee Fuzzy Easter Chick



                                                                        Elijah times two.


Jess Hutchison Bear and Bunny


Image 7201
Lady Eleanor


                                                   Striped Baby Sweater by Martin Storey

And the last two are patterns that I created, and wrote, based on two pricey scarves by Fossil. Yup...I directly copied them, and will share the pattern with anyone who wants it.

                                                                   Facil Keyhole Scarf

                                                                    Facil Button Scarf

So that's my knitting 2011 year in review...somewhat paltry results, but enough to keep me more than
                  inspired to finish some stuff in my knitting bag and to try some new things in 2012!  I even have the slightest urge to knit a pair of mittens and socks!


9 comments:

  1. Woot-woot for the knitting! Glad to hear you mentoring the beginner knitters....how did you get that started? I'm interested in doing something like that, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a lot of knitting! I am still working on a vest that I started in July!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing knitted projects, Lynne. Meredith and I really like your animals. Beautiful job on all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Every time I look at such an amazing array of knitted items, I do get the itch to run out and buy supplies. I learned to knit (just like everyone did), but somehow I took off with sewing and the knitting got left far, far behind. One of these years...

    ReplyDelete
  5. All spectacular projects...especially Lady Eleanor!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My knitting time decreased when I started teaching, too. But I have to admit that the computer probably is more to blame!

    Happy New Year, Miss Lynne!

    ReplyDelete
  7. HAPPY NEW YEAR! Wow, I love your knitted items, especially the black cowl & that beautiful shawl.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just discovered your site and love it! And I found it because I was looking for a keyhole scarf pattern with a button. Is it possible to get that pattern? You can email it to me at joanbailey935 (at) hotmail(dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful. I would love it if you could send me the pattern for the Lady Eleanor at knksneal (at) gmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! Let's talk!