Saturday, January 14, 2012

Mirror, Mirror...

I love mirrors. If they are funky and old, that much better...the view through a faded or tarnished or aged glass makes me feel as if I'm looking back in time. 




a glimpse of  an image in a mirror tells a story that may otherwise obscured from view,


I love how they reflect light and expand a vista....


We can be mirrors...reflecting the emotions, moods and  attitudes of our world....


A mirror can display a vision of who we are or what we want to be.


When I saw this Sunburst Mirror in the last issue of This Old House, I knew we had to make it. The good folks at This Old House have given us a great tutorial on their website.


It's made from carpenter wood shims. and a mirror (which, by the way, my husband purchased at the new Hobby Lobby, and I didn't get to go with him).

It was a gift made  for someone special.

I hope when they look into it, they see not only a refection of now, but the possibility of what can be.

5 comments:

  1. Very cool project! I love the photo with the reflection of Birdie. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love old mirrors!
    Your project looks marvelous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Awesome job on that sunburst mirror. You are always so good about making what you like, be it fabric or other materials.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! Let's talk!