Thursday, July 7, 2011

While the dog days of summer may be here, I'm reminded that we still have a good bit of these dog days left to enjoy. I love a skirt for summer, and most days, you'll find me wearing one, even if I'm cleaning the porch or taking a walk or bike ride.

Today, I finished up a basic lightweight denim skirt from Hotpatterns...This is my third version of the Wong Singh Jones Kyoto Skirt:

5913785564_160c5da262

I eliminated the back godet,

Spruced up the cargo pockets a little bit with some extra stuff,

IMG_8500

And added rows of gray topstitching.

IMG_8506

She had a few washings, and wa-la ! Another perfect summer skirt!

As a reminder, Trudy, of HotPatterns has several video tutorials on You Tube that are excellant for tips and inspiration.

After cleaning up my sewing room and organizing my projects, I got started on cutting out some fun things to finish up the season...one of which is another cute summer skirt:

Sew Serendipity's multi-fabric skirt. Fabric selections made and ready to go.

IMG_8480

So, enjoy these wonderful, skirt wearing, bare-legged lazy days of summer while you can...

5913209257_6b48bb9eed

and make yourself a skirt!

(by the way...my bike? another great garage sale score!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Let's talk!