Saturday, September 10, 2011

I Shouldn't Have Slept In

Saturday morning. And I stayed in bed until 8:00 which, by the way, was a very nice thing to do from time to time.

It's been a busy week. So sleeping in felt good. But when I woke up to sunshine,  I was overcome with an urgency to get some outside projects done and wondered why on earth I slept so late! There are gardens to tend! A porch to clean up! A patio to sit upon!


 
 

Well, we got busted by the mailman this week...for not having an appropriate mailbox for the last three years!  He has happily delivered our mail to this old box on the floor all this time, but is afraid with a new supervisor in town, he'll get in trouble for letting it go so long.



JR and I solemnly promised that we'd have a mailbox in place  within  a week, and true to his word,  My Incredible Husband built a perfect craftsman style oak mailbox.


He's so good.

Even with a busy schedule this week , I was able to work on my white jacket.  The other night, I sat cross-legged on my bed pinning in the lining while I watched Project Runway ( oh my gosh! This pattern is a Project Runway pattern! Just realized that!). I do love how a lining magically comes together. It's like knitting the turn of the heel on a sock...there is something about that process that amazes me.


So today, between all the outside projects, I'll be finishing up my jacket so that maybe, just maybe, I'll have it done in time to wear tomorrow when I meet up with another blog friend Elizabeth, from Canada.

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous mailbox! I wish we could change ours - we have roadside delivery.

    And that jacket will be beautiful when it is finished. Another success!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, you will!
    Do you loan JR out? I have a few projects around the house that need doing.
    Love that mailbox.
    See you in a few hours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous mailbox, you two are such a talented couple. Can't wait to see your jacket.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the mailbox! And the photo of Birdie made me laugh!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! Let's talk!