I don't want to start off on a downer,but first things first. You need to know that I had absolutely no joy in making this dress. I can absolutely relate to Carolyn and her safari jacket adventure. Every step of the way was drudgery for me. From the fabric to, well, the fabric. Once I figured out the fit, I was good to go, but this fabric was a bear to work with. And this is such a simple pattern, I should have never had the construction issues that I did.
Now, that said, what I love about this dress is the fabric! The print, the drape. And you better believe that after about six people commented on the dress at work today, I will make more.
Thank you for your comments on the previous post... I absolutely agreed and went with the self tie belt, which leaves me wide open for other belt options.
I gave myself some extra room in the upper sleeve. The pattern is very slim through the upper arm.
I tapered the sides in from the underarm to the dress hem by about 2" on each side.
This pattern is short. I added 2 inches to the length...otherwise, on a breezy day like today, I would have had an oopsie or two.
I eliminated the sleeve tabs. The sleeves rolled just fine on their own.
So, now that it's all said and done, I LOVE LOVE LOVE this dress! McCall's 6600 will be on my project pile again.
This was the perfect dress for a gray day.