Ten Best Christmas Cookies
You know that when it comes to Christmas Cookies, just like with Thanksgiving Dinner, you don't mess with tradition. There are those recipes that get made year after year and if you don't make the sugar cookies, your husband can pretty much have the option of disowning you.
Every few years, we try something new and it sticks. In addition to the holiday faves, and over thirty plus years of cookie baking, this is my go to list:
1. Gold Medal Sugar Cookies
2. Chocolate Crackle Cookies
3. Ina Garten's Jam Thumbprints
4. Ina Garten's Pecan Squares
(note: several years ago, before Ina was on television, I bought one of her cookbooks. Then I bought the next one. And the next.)
5. Molasses Crinkles (these are the ones that Santa really likes with a glass of milk)
6. Those little peanut butter cookies made in mini muffin pans with a mini peanut butter cup in the middle of them....which you must eat as soon as the pb cups are put in place and are melted just right...while still warm.
7. Oatmeal Cranberry White Chocolate Chunk Cookies.
8. Raspberry shortbread bars with white chocolate chips that Meghan makes.
9.. My mother's Cucidati, which are the best I've ever eaten...and she's not even Italian!
10. Jingles with coffee