Ten on Tuesday:
Because of the torrential downpours the previous weekend, we had to cancel our plans to go camping with friends at Allegany State Park and instead, we loaded into their RV and went to the Black Lake cabin in the Thousand Islands. Even though we made lemonade from lemons, and had a great time despite the rain, I was a little whiny about the fact that we missed out on our one last camping trip of the year.
So, leading up to this weekend was a surprise announcement on Wednesday from my husband that we would, in fact, be going camping at Allegany…just the two of us, and an amazing October weekend with the leaves at peak. That meant some quick planning and packing, and by Friday afternoon, we were on our way.
Ten things I did this weekend:
1. I made delicious camp-stove meals
2. We did lots of leaf-peeping.
3. Short hiked to Thunder Rocks.
4. Picnicked and napped on the shores of Redhouse Lake.
5. Snuggled up in the tent
to stay warm on chilly 40 degree nights.
6. Campfire gazed for hours.
7. Worked on a new knitting project.
8. There was no cell coverage: so no texts, emails or blog reading...instead: laughing, talking and book reading.
9. Planned how we were going to start the renovation of our vintage camper.
10. Walked in the night under an amazing sky full of stars.
That said, being away the past few weekends has left me little time to sew, and I confess, I’m having a little bit of withdrawl… I do have some exciting projects in process that I will be sharing soon, though.
And, actually, now that Fall is upon us, I’m getting those nesting urges…not sure if it’s because I’m surrounded by pregnancy or if it’s just because it’s time to move indoors and make a cozy home. I think about the slipcovers I want to make, and the beds I want to plump up with coverlets and blankets. It’s time to burn spicy candles and scatter some leaves and pumpkins about. Some new pillows and cushy throws for the sofas would be just the thing, too…which means I have about a gazillion things to add to my “to do” list!