Sunday, June 12, 2011

Want to see some babies?

IMG_8095

The big news of the week is the arrival of 7 soon-to-be laying hens at Meghan's house. There is great excitement about those chickens...or "peeps" as Sofia calls them. I'm excited for them. Deep down, I have always wanted to have laying hens. So it's really cool to know that they will be so enjoyed in the years to come, and I can live vicariously through my daughter as she tends those chickens and I get to eat a fried egg sandwich every now and then!

Visiting the grandbabies this earlier week...

IMG_8091

and they couldn't be more different. And delightful.

IMG_8105

IMG_8139
Sofia... reserved, conservative and perceptive.

IMG_8144

IMG_8115

Levon... bold, lively and industrious.

I love their personalities. Just seeing them with the chickens tells the whole story. Sofia would rather curl inside out than touch one of those peeps. And Levon would eat one of them whole, feathers and all if he could get his hands on one!

They make my heart happy.

Today I got to spend some time with my mom and my sister Karen. I don't get to see my sister that often...and even though we're so different, the older we get, I love her so much it hurts sometimes.

Scan0008

The best part of the day was being able to steal away for a few minutes by ourselves and discover a quiet place to talk.

Downsize Lake

and discover that as different as we are, we really are the same in so many ways. Which also makes my heart happy.

That's just the way family is, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Let's talk!