Sunday, June 12, 2011

Last night, JR and I had the good fortune to get some tickets to the Buffalo Philharmonic in concert with The Duke Ellington Orchestra. (thanks Rebecca!) It was the perfect summer night downtown, and I wanted a new dress for the occasion. So, yesterday, I made the white dress that I have oogled since I saw the inspiration J Crew dress:

Jcrew dress

Mine isn't quite the same style, but it has the look that I wanted. I could not find a simple v-neck a- line dress pattern, so I had to make do.

AMH Socialite Dress White

Made from a lovely embroidered cotton voile, I used the Anna Maria Horner Socialite Dress pattern ( this would be my third rendition of this dress, by the way).

White dress AMH Socialite

I did make a few modifications: create an a-line skirt instead of a straight skirt...easy to do. Took out some of the gathers and fullness at the dress front/yoke. Removed the gathers from the dress back/yoke. I fitted it a bit through the waist with some simple darts front and back.

And my usual FBA.

I felt so pretty and femine in this dress... like I really stood out in a sea of black and cropped pants at Klienhan's Music Hall. I know my husband loved that I chose this dress for our date...

Then, I just had to wear it again today. Yup, I sure did... for church, I styled it differently:

Anna Maria Horner Socialte Dress White closeup

Geesh, now that I look at it, it doesn't at all look like the inspiration dress! I just may have to try this one again!

No matter, I Love, love, love it!

So that finished out my week of Me-Made June, with the following outfits

Presentation1

Tomorrow is Monday and I hope you have a fabulous, incredible week and that you get to wear something that makes you feel pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Let's talk!