Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Shopping has taken on a whole new meaning to me. For as long as I remember, I've loved browsing around clothing stores , trying on and buying new stuff. But the past few years, I confess, I'm doing much more browsing and picture taking than I am trying on or buying. When I shop now, I'm shopping for ideas. I'm seeing what is available in ready-to-wear and wondering how I can translate that to what I'm making.

My camera and phone are full of ideas for necklines, Chanel trims, sleeve treatments, and dress styles. Because let's face it, we start with a basic "something" and then re-invent the details or the fit over and over again. I get a kick out of being able to make it work at home.

Militaryzonerevised Cabi Military Jacket
(cabi military jacket) (my military jacket)

I'm cutting out a military style jacket today. Inspired by off-the-rack. One of the little details that I was crazy about was the patch. I found a similar iron on patch at Joann's, shades of camo green...but my fabric is blue. So...thinking cap on, I put a wash of blue acrylic paint over the patch and brought it to a shade which is workable for my jacket!

IMG_7086 IMG_7090
The green is not completely gone, but it's toned down, and with the blue cast,I think it will work!

See there...you can do anything if you try!

1 comment:

  1. Even market leaders simply do not encounter n. outlet also, along with the northern outlet encounter, [url=http://www.northfaceclearancecheap.com/]north face jackets cheap[/url] caps, shawl and clothes are in the process, all need to get armed entire body upright. [url=http://www.vipnorthfacejacket.com/womens-north-face-c-9.html]cheap north face jackets[/url] The easy looks of its products can be a testament Cheap North Face backpacks towards the previous statement. http://www.northfaceclearancej.com/#m310

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! Let's talk!