Sunday, February 6, 2011

And my favorite jacket of the week?

5421646493_5892fc6da2_z

Simplicity 2284. Straight from the pattern, the D cup for my size. No modifications, either! It's a great fit, and I have to say, I REALLY like the options for cup sizes...saves all that time making my own modifications. The directions were very easy to follow, and the whole thing came together quite nicely.

Lori also made the same pattern, as we excited one another about creating this jacket, which was Cabi- inspired, as I have mentioned.

The Details:

Clearance boucle' from Joann's, along with a lovely print lining from Joann's. I don't think this jacket cost more than $10.00 to make

5422320000_24aa7d33c3_z

I chosethe faux pocket flaps as indicated in one of the views, and added a self fringe trim which I made with two layers of selvage edge sewn together and frayed. This I hand-applied.

IMG_6847

I made the sleeve head according to the directions, and instead of a shoulder pad, I used a custom fleece shaping which I described in a previous post.

5421627857_8fbcca1a24_b

I couldn't be happier with this little jacket. I can wear it with jeans or slacks as easily as with a pencil skirt.

The sketch for my next jacket:

Cabi Military Jacket

This jacket will have military inspired details, and is on the cutting table right now!

Happy Superbowl Sunday...for me it will be SuperSewing Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Let's talk!