Friday, February 11, 2011

McCall's 6176 : A custom backpack for Sofia!

After seeing that very popular designer with the initials V.B. has cute quilted backpacks for $88, Mimi came to the rescue and made a nearly identical bag for Sof.

This is about the cutest thing I've ever seen.

IMG_6900

We were at Katie and Ray's house for dinner and games last night and Sof wore that backpack the entire evening! It's the perfect size for toting around a few diapers, a sippy cup and some snacks. She was quite the bigshot wearing that thing!

IMG_6853 IMG_6855
IMG_6858 IMG_6851

So, I have to tell you, having never made anything like this before, it was such fun to construct! I used a double sided quilted fabric from Joann's and finished off all the raw edges and inside seams with a contrast bias binding that I made from a complimentary fabric. Adorable. In fact, I almost wish I could carry one of these myself!

Jacket number two...the Military Jacket...is on hold for a minute while I finish up a denim shirt jacket , inspired by this Cabi jacket:

Balancingact

Mine so far....using my " old faithful" shirt pattern , McCalls 5433...a Palmer Plesch Perfect Fit, I'm adding the pockets, modifying the hem line and adding tabs for the sleeves.

IMG_6885

I'm also looking at some black and white striped cotton lycra from one of my favorite Ebay fabric sellers to make a stiped 3/4 tee, which I am seeingeverywhere.

Oh, and one other thing...did you all get the Hotpatterns email about their new jacket pattern? Glory be, I. LOVE .this. jacket.

Mainfrontpageartworkfeb112011

Happy Friday Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Let's talk!