When May comes around, I don't know if you're like me, but sewing can be put on the back burner for a few weeks. It’s simmering…not like there’s nothing going on, but the outdoors…gardens, sunshine, relaxation and maintenance seem to move up to the top of the list. That’s where I've been.
My floral blazer, Simplicity 2446 ( I’ve made this one before…great pattern!) is finally done and done.
I wore it today.
I’m really, really happy that most of the things that I sew, I end up loving and wearing. I believe it’s because I pay attention to fit and function, with a little trendy thrown in for fun. When I saw this floral print at Joann’s a few months back, I knew immediately that I wanted it. Not sure what it would become, but I ultimately decided on a jacket.
I had a few surprises along the way.
My TNT jacket needed more fit adjustments! By more than a whole size!!! That thrilled me to no end, since I've been slowly and methodically paying attention to my physical health, which includes increasing my activity and replacing some of the things I love to eat with healthier things that I love to eat. At first I wondered if the size difference could be attributed to this being a stretch denim, but I decided to give myself some credit for this discrepancy!
So after some pattern tweaks, I got a good fit all the way around. That included the tweak of adding a center back seam for some additional shaping.
Since I wanted to get this jacket made quickly ( and it ended up taking me three weeks!) I made an executive decision not to line it.
Well then. The reason this jacket took so long to make is that I ended up finishing all the inside seams, facings and hems with bias binding. I could have lined it more quickly.