Ten favorite things that are green. I have a love/hate relationship with green. I love green in my house, I love eating green, I love green around me. I don't wear green, I hate Shamrock Shakes and green beer. But I do have a few favorite green things.
1. This little March Angel. Even though she's not entirely green, she represents St. Patrick's Day, and I got her for my birthday when I was just a little girl. She's come a long way...and so have I. No worse for wear, a few broken parts put back together, and a reminder that I was given life for a purpose.
3. Asparagus and Brussels Sprouts. Dinner last night? Shaved Brussels Sprouts sauteed with pancetta.
5. My Spring garden.
6. I have a collection of dead women's jewelry...gathered here and there over many years. I never wear green, but I always wear these pins in March. The St. Patty's pin was given to me by a lady at a garage sale because I shared the same birthday as her mother!
7. This green recliner, which was given to us. I swore it was not staying in our house until I realized how stinking comfortable it is for watching television and knitting! And, I like the guy in it, who always looks great in green.
9. Emerald City from the Wizard of Oz...They made it! This happens to be one of my favorite movies. I could sing the entire movie!
"You're out of the woods, You're out of the dark, You're out of the night.Step into the sun, Step into the light."
10. I love ellen j goods...our business that represents re-purposing, recycling, re-using..it's a green way of decorating! And it's what JR and I have done for years. We are building this business together, and sharing our passion for upcycling and decorating with others!