Tuesday, March 5, 2013

how to turn around a gray day

Yesterday was one of those days. I don't know why...but work was long, all of my muscles hurt, the skies were gray and I couldn't wait to get home. In fact, I called JR as I was leaving and declared I was changing into my pajamas as soon as I walked through the door.  And I would be making dinner in my pajamas.

So that's just what I did...I made a big batch of chicken taco soup and a small batch of warm chocolate pudding. Then I watched television while knitting a fat red cozy pair of socks.

Oh, and I finished this project...proceeds go into my Serger Fund.

This is McCall's 6065. Yup, commissioned by a friend for her granddaughter's birthday.

I used two complementary quilting cottons. The floral reminds me of sheets from the 70's.
It has the cutest details. Gathered patch pockets:

an underskirt with a flouncy ruffle:

and my own extra somethin' somethin' just to be sure it tipped the scales toward adorable cuteness:

And, of course, there had to be a matching dress for her doll.

There.  Now, how in the world can a Monday get any better than this? If that little set of dresses just doesn't bring out the happy.

Tomorrow, I make a fun colored skirt for myself!

16 comments:

  1. So bright and sunny, cute dresses! Chocolate pudding and sewing, sounds like a great evening. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute! I always love to see a matching doll dress. I am sure those days are coming for me. My daughter ADORES dolls and she is only 2!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The dress is adorable - I know the little girl will love it, not to mention the matching doll's dress. I would love a grand-daughter to sew for - guarantee she would get one dress per week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is such a delightful dress. I love the little flower embellishment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The little dress is so sweet and happy - I agree, it has to brighten anyone's day - wonderful as a birthday dress. I empathise with the aches and pains - it is a credit to you that you completed the dress - bet the red socks aren't bad either!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, i love the under skirty ruffle business- how adorbs and fun to sew!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perfect medicine for a blah day....just what the doctor ordered!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a perfect pj night. The dress is adorable, your friend will be thrilled as will the serger fund.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable! I love pink and orange together in a print, it is so zingy!
    Just what you need:-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I Love it . The pockets are what makes it. The little girl who wears it could put her dolly in that pocket

    ReplyDelete
  11. HAHA!! the spam comment above is hilarious!!

    Lynneb, you are gorgeous. Dinner and knittingin your PJ's sounds like heaven! ANd pink and orange in one lovely dress is an adorable combination :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh NO!!! I didn't even see that! I just don't know how to manage all the spam and still make it easy for people to leave comments...FRUSTRATING!

      Delete
  12. Sounds like you had a perfect winter day. That little dress is just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a sweet, fun dress! Great job!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! Let's talk!