After my visit to Anthropologie, and after trying on the Framework blouse, and after examining it very carefully, I changed up from the sheer fabric that I thought I was going to use to a rayon print that I found at Joann’s from the April Johnston ( For Project Runway) collection. Love the drape, loved the print. Actually, it’s quite a nice fabric. And the original blouse is rayon. So there.
By the way, do you remember April Johnston? I think she was that really young designer, if memory serves me well.
Anyway, I was inspired by the Framework Blouse, and I used McCall’s as my base pattern.
It required very little adjustment, really. So, here’s what I did:
First, I combined the upper back piece with the lower back piece to make one back.
I cut and sewed two long ties.
The original blouse had princess seams in the lower front and in the back. So instead of gathers, I took in the excess fabric with some deep darts which went all the way to the hem, and inserted the finished ties into the back darts…just like the Anthro top.
For the bodice, instead of gathers, I pleated the fabric under the bustline to fit. Just like the Anthro top.
The original top had a zipper in the side seam for a closer fit, but I didn’t want to fuss with that, and made it semi-fitted so that it could go over my head.
The Anthro top had a scandalously plunging neckline, so I made sure that my neckline would be work appropriate.
And completed..I think I achieved the look I wanted. Love it layered under a jacket for work, and it will be really cute on its own as a summer top, too.