Sunday, March 27, 2011

The fact of the matter is, I am desperately out of touch these past few weeks...with blogs, with returning emails and comments, and being an all-around good blog buddy! You would think I've never worked a full time job in my life! As I mentioned in my last post, I have misplaced my garment sewing mojo, but I am happy to say I feel the tingle of it returning!

Lately, I've been obsessed with baby gifts...knitted and sewn. I think the fact that there is such instant gratification, no fit issues, and adorable cuteness has kept me pushing them out. AND that there have been so many babies lately! So, I'll share a few of the things that I've been up to.

Elijah One:

IMG_7193 IMG_7190

Elijah Two:

5565677831_ab499ee8df_b IMG_7330

SUCH a fun pattern. You can find this free pattern here:http://ysolda.com/patterns/toys/elijah/

This sweet little stripey sweater...I sort of winged it, loosely based on Martin Storey's hooded stripey cardi:

5566258538_22b688c40b_z IMG_7173

I knit this with KnitPicks Comfy Sport yarn , added vintage buttons and a cute little knitted flower, which I found at Little Cotton Rabbit's blog.

And just last night, a pair of baby slippers, made from McCall's 6342 Cozey Toes pattern.

Baby Fleece Slippers
.

I see so many possibilities with these...imagine all the ways you could be creative!

So, the good news is, My custom Etsy orders are done, and I have a pile of new projects on their way to the shop soon. AND I've selected some stash fabric and patterns to work up more basic tops for layering. I think I'm actually getting excited about that! And maybe even by the end of this week I'll have a new jacket made.

Today was a beautiful blue sky sunshine kind of day...if you don't mind the freezing temps, snow on the ground and bare trees! I'm off to go finish knitting a bunny...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Let's talk!