Sunday, July 10, 2011

Contest Alert!

Another summer skirt...and another pattern from Serendipity Studios. ( from the book "Sew Serendipity")

Another stash buster, and I think this is one of the cutest most fun skirts I've ever made.

IMG_8526

I made the size large, and had to adjust here and there...I think I was between a medium and a large. The good thing is, with a skirt of this style, it's so easy to tweak here and there because of the number of seams.

IMG_8564 IMG_8565

OK, confession ; I did have to buy some fabric...a fat quarter for the pockets and the polka dot batik for the trim...pulling the whole she-bang together was a challenge, but I was determined to use what I had, including the vintage rick rack.

IMG_8563

The back is a simple zipper opening,

IMG_8566

and it has a faced waistband:

IMG_8567

I love the topstitching detail, the way the skirt is constructed, and how you can take a hodgepodge of prints and create a fun patchwork that speaks "relaxed summer." I was going to wear it to church today, and then to view some gardens on the Lockport in Bloom Garden Walk.

Here's my problem:

I don't have anything to wear with it! It's not quite right with red, it's not quite right with white. Nor anything baggy or anything to tailored. I have nothing in my closet that works with this skirt!

So, friends, leave me a comment with a suggestion so I can get sewing on a top or two. Leave me a pattern idea, a style, a color...use your imagination. How would you style this skirt?

And in return, I will draw for a lovely summer prize to send to one of you!

1 comment:

  1. I'd wear it with pink probably rayon lycra made form my tnt top pattern from otto 2/07. I've actually got that book and need to give the skirt a go.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! Let's talk!