Monday, April 25, 2011

Here it is...FINALLY!

Simplicity 2446 Amazing Fit jacket.

5654432312_c1996a4f89_z

You can read most of my construction notes here. I am most pleased with this jacket. I can see myself making this pattern again and again, by changing the sleeve options or the shape of the lapel, etc. Because it's just such a good basic fit pattern.

I really had fun with this one...being inspired by a Cabi military-style jacket. I added lots of details...changed the sleeves to have cuffs, added the shoulder epaulets, faux welt breast pockets...

5654431822_8be4072a60_b

And another fun detail, satin stitch "stripes" on the lapels and the front of the jacket.

5654432028_4eba9333b6_b

The military patch is a vintage WWII naval air-force patch. I was lucky enough to get it so I didn't have to use my blue painted patch from Joann's! I can see loading this up with clusters of decorative old pins . I think it could be really cute. I've worn it and washed it a couple of times, and I like that it gets more comfortable and rugged looking as it ages.

Next time I'm going to wear it over a soft floral dress...won't that be a contrast in themes??? Love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Let's talk!