Friday, March 4, 2011

Last week, before vacation, I was working on a few things for my "back to work" wardrobe. I love tops that can be worn with lots of different bottoms and jackets, and I found myself drawn to a particular stash fabric and once again, the Hot Patterns Boho Deluxe Peasant Top. I've made this one a few different times with a woven fabric, so this time, I decided to try a rayon lycra knit from Joann's.

It's such a versatile pattern...let your imagination run wild! I had noticed a top that had tucks instead of gathers around the neckline, so I did just that...adjusting the tucking to fit the neck band.

IMG_7053 IMG_7054

IMG_7055 ( the flower is a chiffon petal pin that I found at a craft store a few years ago)

My first version had a band at the bottom, but I took it off and did a straight hem instead so that I could also belt the top.

IMG_7083 The short sleeved version can be worn alone or under a jacket.

IMG_7084 This is a winner pattern...great fit, and versatile. I think I'll do a plain white version with the pleat treatment and low drawstring waist as well, as soon as I find the perfect knit.

Let's see...what else have I been dreaming up? oh yes...JR and I were mall walking a few weeks ago ( yes, we were mall walking) and of course, since we were WALKING and not SHOPPING, I had to shoot inspiration pictures with my phone camera as we passed by all of the lovely Spring window displays. One of my favorites was an eyelet dress from J Crew that, to me, was the perfect summer dress.

Jcrew dress

It seems like a simple enough style, yet I'm having the hardest time finding a pattern that I can adapt! Any ideas?

Today, I'm enjoying the bluebird skies of Utah...I can't get enough of these views.

Utah 3

Have a happy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Let's talk!