Thursday, May 17, 2012

Joy, Joy, Joy!

I am very excited about a new cookbook.
Joy the Baker, who’s blog I have been reading for a very long time, has just released her first cookbook.
While I flip through the pages over and over, making a list of all the recipes I MUST try, the recipes just this side of different. The pictures are beautiful... just as I would expect. I am also noticing that Joy brings the same quirky, funny and entertaining writing to her book as she does to her blog. And again, from Joy, I would expect no less. About Kettle Corn, she first laments on the mistakes she has made in her life, and then says," After each mistake,  I shoveled handfuls of this sweet and salty popcorn into my face. It's part of my process. I know I've learned a lesson when I can't possibly eat another bite."
This book is a gift from my daughter, who loves to cook. And bake. And try recipes for other fun things like salt scrubs and hand balm. Before I even received the gift on Mother’s Day, she had already made Perfect Kettle Corn three times. I wonder if she was learning a lesson?



I made Perfect Kettle Corn on Sunday night.
I made it on Monday night and Wednesday night. And I will probably make it again on Saturday afternoon…because I love it that much.

I love it almost as much as I love Renfrew, which was not a mistake.  


More on that later.

2 comments:

  1. I believe I started reading Joy the Baker due to you ! I' must get my hands on the book! Good for her

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a bit of a popcorn obsession myself! LOL!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! Let's talk!